Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics is designed to set a minimum standard for businesses using the Trust-Verified program and services.
All members of the Trust-Verified program agree to at least meet these minimum standards.
To maintain the integrity and ethical conduct of the Trust-Verified program and to use the Trust-Verified Seal, the merchant agrees to the following:
- To provide the highest level of service promptly, competently and courteously.
- To provide good service to all customers regardless of religion, gender and ethnic origin.
- To provide high quality of products and services appropriate for internet sale.
- To train all employees, agents and representatives of the merchant on expected standards of performance, quality and customer service.
- To be able to explain clearly to visitors and customers the customer’s rights and obligations regarding the product and/or service.
- To respect and maintain the confidentiality of the customer and to not disclose any such information without the prior written authorization by the customer, except as required under law.
- To abide by any national, federal and local regulations and laws which govern the specific industry.
- To not undertake any activity that will discredit their business or clients.
- To act faithfully, honestly and fairly to all concerned, and to prioritize customer service and satisfaction.
You should display the Trust-Verified seal prominently on your website. It is recommended that as a minimum, the seal appear on your homepage and also on any payments page. The seal must be linked to your company page at www.trust-verified.org where consumers will be able to view more details about your company and the Trust-Verified program.
Your website should include the following information. It should be presented clearly and be available for visitors to view prior to any purchase from your website.
- Your contact details, including phone number, fax number (if available), physical, postal and email addresses, and a contact for questions or complaints.
- All customer enquiries should be responded to within 48 hours.
- The price of your goods and/or services must be easily found, with the currency clearly indicated.
- A description of the different payment methods available, along with any additional fees for using these methods.
- Any restrictions such as how long any offer remains valid.
- The customer’s right to cancel the purchase, if any, and how to do so.
- All local and national laws in this regard must be adhered to.
- The terms and conditions of your sales and website use must be displayed clearly, and found easily. If explicit agreement to these by a customer is required, it should be an opt-in process, rather than opt-out.
- Any cancellation rights of the customer should be clearly displayed.
- Customers should receive email acknowledgement of their order within 24 hours, and receive a receipt.